Explore the market viability
of your research.
As a researcher in emerging technologies, you may be considering an alternative career path beyond academia. Our online lab-to-market program helps you explore entrepreneurship to transform your academic research into a world-changing tech company.
The Quebec Scientific Entrepreneurship program brings together a community of students and recent STEM and Social Sciences graduates to explore entrepreneurship for the first time. Whether you’re looking to bring your academic research to market or are just curious about entrepreneurship, this is the right program for you.
The QcSE program allows you to:
- Learn entrepreneurship fundamentals
- Explore your idea’s market potential
- Have access to a network of scientific entrepreneurs
“QcSE helped me transform a vague idea into a focused business plan that I can go forward with.”
Eisha Ahmed, PhD candidate, QcSE Graduate
- The QcSE program is a 12-week program designed for students and recent graduates at the Masters, Ph.D. or Postdoc level affiliated with Quebec universities and research institutions.
- The program is flexible and designed for people with busy schedules, only requiring 3 hrs per week, 1 hour dedicated to the live online interactive sessions, and 2 hours to review curated content and complete small assignments.
- By the end of the program, you will understand the entrepreneurial journey and mindset, have a broad understanding of the most recent entrepreneurship and innovation practices and take the first steps to communicate and pitch an idea with commercial potential.
- These are the three pillars of the program:
- Developing your Scientific Entrepreneur mindset
- Exploring & acquiring tools that move ideas forward
- Storytelling & pitching your ideas
- Through the program, you also gain access to the Québec startup innovation ecosystem, gaining opportunities to network with key ecosystem players and learn more about their programs.
The QcSE Program is open to any STEM and Social Science researchers (Masters, Ph.D. and Postdocs) in Québec interested in exploring entrepreneurship. The QcSE is open to current students and recent graduates from Québec universities.
The QcSE program was designed for people with busy schedules. With the online readings, work and interactive webinars, your maximum time commitment is three hours per week.
The QcSE program is free, with a value of $1250.00 the program is subsidized by the Fonds de Recherche du Québec (FRQ).
The QcSE program is offered online, Québec-wide.
Yes, we offer the program in both languages.
The program runs two times a year, with a cohort in the Fall and one in the Spring. When the application period is not open, you can register to our waiting and you will be the first to know when applications are open. If you can’t make it to our upcoming cohort due to scheduling conflicts you can register on the Spring 2023 waiting list right here.
After applying to the program, you can expect to receive an answer from us within two weeks of sending in your application.
No, you don’t need to have a startup idea to join this program, just your curiosity and interest in learning about entrepreneurship.